Perfect Weakness



II Corinthians 12:9But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."


I am amazed at how far the Lord has taken me. From a little girl who suffered unspeakable acts of abuse, rejection and shame to a person who understands God’s love for her. From a person who did not believe she would ever receive love to a person who is married with her own family. From a person who did not believe she had gifts and callings to a woman who is using one of those gifts in which I am writing to you.

Then there are times I am amazed at how far I have to go. Those moments when I act in a way that is not pleasing to God. Those moments when I tell God I trust Him, yet my actions do not line up to what I speak out of my mouth. Those times in which I surprise myself by my own actions. Although I have been healed to speak, there are still areas of my life the Lord is still dealing with me about.

It is in those moments, I understand two things. First, God’s strength is made perfect in my weakness and second, His grace is sufficient for me.

No matter how mature we are in God, no matter what vision the Lord has given us and no matter what our calling is in Christ, there will always be areas we are weak and parts of our soul that require brokenness before the Lord.

Be humble, be a blessing and boast in your weaknesses so our God may be glorified. Let those around you know you were not always the person they see. Tell them there are times you struggle with the old you who still likes to show up. Then tell them you are grateful to God for the new creature you are in Christ, according to II Corinthians 5:7. Tell them it is not because of anything you did, but because of his grace towards you. Tell them it is the same grace that he will extend towards them according to Ephesians 2:8-9.


Someone is depending on your story. Are you willing to be open and share it? Are you willing to show your imperfections in order to show God’s perfection? 
Love you all,
Darlene
#healedtospeak





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is Coming...

God Didn't Make Me A Bird