Ready...Set...Goals!


Hello everyone,

Time is moving so fast! Can you believe we are in the middle of March? I enjoy this season; flowers and trees are beginning to bloom, and daylight savings time is here! Each year I look forward to the changes spring brings.
Since I am writing about the incoming season, I thought I would ask you a question. How are you doing with the goals you set for yourself this year? Are on track? Have you stalled? Are you happy with where you are? Have you given up? Did you create any goals?

I believe this will be a year of great release, but I also believe many of those releases will not manifest if we are not diligently doing our part. No matter where you are in the process, I hope you are moving. Movement is so important. When we move we are making progress regardless of how small the movement is.
One of my goals this year is to lose 50 pounds. I said to myself last year, that no matter what, I was going to get the weight off. I tried many things, but nothing I tried was working, so I decided to join a gym and three weeks ago I did. It has been the best thing. I already lost four pounds in two weeks and I only did the treadmill for 60 minutes four days a week. When I lost those four pounds I felt liberated! I know I looked insane in front of my doctor when I got weighed, but I could not help it. I saw movement and movement gives you the fortitude and faith to keep going. A couple weeks ago, I met with a trainer who gave me wonderful information and I have already incorporated her knowledge and expertise into my workout. I am excited!  
I want to encourage you. If you have fallen off in terms of your goals, get back up and finish! Don’t give up. Keep moving forward. If you got off track, get back on. Write the book, start the business, start the ministry, go after your dream job, lose the weight, strengthen your walk with Christ. Whatever your goals are get started and keep going. You don’t want December to get here and have regrets.

If you haven’t created any goals create one right now! However, as you plan remember Proverbs 16:3, which states, “commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.”

Now, please know there will be setbacks. I am not saying this to discourage you, but to let you know that whenever we attempt to do better, there will always be a pull to either stop or hinder you, but please don’t let it. If you have experienced setbacks, get back up and keep fighting. 
Map out your goals and write down the steps so you may finish before the year is out! Whether you use a vision board, PowerPoint, or just a plain piece of paper, writing down what you want to do is important as it is a small step towards the final goal.
Remember small steps over time become giant leaps!

Love you all,
Darlene
#healedtospeak


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is Coming...

God Didn't Make Me A Bird